Mar 1, 2012
Author: anneliese | Filed under: Holiday, Operation: Celebration
Here’s a bunch of ideas for sharing St. Patrick’s Day with your friends and family both near and far away.
- Send a pot of gold to your family. There’s always lots of gold coin candy this time of year and anything black will work for a pot.
- Cut out different colored stripes of paper and make a rainbow. On each strip write something you love about that person or some of your favorite memories of them.
- Email, call or send a letter to your friends and family and tell them how lucky you are to have them in your life!
- Send them a package of green. Yeah, money would be nice, but you can be more creative than that. There’s green M&M’s, green jelly beans, green jello, green drinks, green fruit and that’s just in the grocery store! Make sure you tie everything up with a green bow out of ribbon or yarn!
- Get out some green paper of all different shades and cut out shamrocks of all sizes. Use them to decorate someone’s door, room, car or office. If you want to go all out, maybe write some old Irish sayings on them.
- I don’t know what’s more fun: to write a limerick or read one. If you’re looking for a good laugh get together with some family and friends (either in person or via the phone or internet) and make up some of your own St. Patrick’s Day themed limericks. I promise, you won’t be able to get through it with a good chuckle. I know I can’t!
- Leprechauns are said to bring luck. Get a group of kids (or adults for that matter) and go on a leprechaun hunt. Hide little leprechauns (that you cut out or bought) in your house, backyard, anywhere you can think of. When they’ve all been found have some gold coins (be they real or candy) for the people who found the most.
- Have you had a St. Patrick’s Day themed meal? If corned beef isn’t your thing try having an all green meal. There’s salad, broccoli, apples, cabbage, limes and green food coloring which can make anything green. Then end it with mint ice cream or lime sherbet floats.
- Serve your favorite meal on St. Patrick’s day paper plates, green plastic forks and knives, and green napkins too. You’ll feel festive regardless of what you eat!
- Make sure you’ve picked out an outfit with green on it. It’s never fun to get pinched!